Définition, traduction, prononciation, anagramme et synonyme sur le dictionnaire libre Wiktionnaire.
Clintonism (pluriel : Clintonisms)
- Politique du président américain Bill Clinton. Non utilisé au pluriel dans ce sens.
- Phrase caractéristique de Bill Clinton ou dans son style.
- President Clinton commenced the blathering with orotund Clintonisms: “The international community must take a side, not merely stand between the sides or on the sidelines.” With a side of fries. — (2002, P. J. O'Rourke, The CEO of the Sofa, )
- Kerry had even borrowed a Clintonism in his remarks, transforming the Arkansas governor’s call for a “new covenant of social and personal responsibility” into his own call for a “social contract, a covenant wherein every right is matched with a responsibility.” — (2004, Michael Kranish, Brian C Mooney, Nina J Easton, John F. Kerry )
- Another Clintonism that those who remember his administration fondly like to recall is the campaign semislogan, “It’s the economy, stupid.” — (2004, William Safire, The Right Word in the Right Place at the Right Time )